2013 Sponsor Registration
We're thrilled that you'd like to sponsor us! Your sponsorship fee helps to keep the attendee registration, food, and housing costs extraordinarily low; permitting those without employer sponsorship to attend and pay out of their own pocket. Those self-paid attendees are your potential new customers!
What's in it for you?
- Sponsors are provided with a 6-8' table (size depending on site availability) and chairs in a prominent location with high attendee foot traffic. Sponsors may hang their own banner from the front of the table, and place product and other materials on the table for attendees to take back to their shop.
- Sponsors are guaranteed access to one session slot to present/demo their product(s). However, the session must not be a full-on sales pitch, but contain technical detail of interest to z/VM Systems Programmers and Linux on System z Administrators. I.e. ensure that someone is present to answer technical questions.
- Sponsors are rewarded with:
- exposure to both z/VM old-timers, and new-and-upcoming z/VM customers (some of whom may already have z/OS or distributed Linux installed, and are attending the workshop to learn how to deal with z/VM and Linux on System z).
- the undying gratitude of extraordinary people.
Sponsoring the VM Workshop is a four step process. We know this may seem complicated, but it provides the minimum amount of spam for you, and ensures that we get the information we need to make your sponsorship as valuable as possible.
Your sponsorship will not be active until all four steps are completed!
The steps are:
Get a VM Workshop Userid
If your company has sponsored a VM Workshop in the past, you can skip this step and use the id you already have. If you've forgotten the id, or forgotten the password, use the "forgot password" link on the main page of vmworkshop.org, and you'll be able to get it reset.
If you haven't done this before, the id gives you access to the internal VM Workshop content (like the agenda and tools tape downloads, etc.), and lets us easily put your name with your registration. We do not share any data with anyone, so your data is safe. Note also that there is a manual verification step, so the id will take a little bit (usually less than a day) to be approved. We do this because the amount of spam ids requested is enormous, and it's the only way we can keep the bozos out of your hair and keep this site content totally useful.
Use this URL: http://www.vmworkshop.org/wksprgfm.shtml and create a userid before you continue with the other steps.
Complete the Workshop Sponsor Registration Form
When you have your VM Workshop userid, log in and click on the following URL:
- Link Removed -
This will collect the basic information about your company and it's products or services. When you click the submit button, you'll be taken to the next step.
Pay your sponsor fee with PayPal
We don't want to ever see or know anything about your bank account or credit card data. To make that happen, we use PayPal to collect the fees for the conference. After you submit your sponsorship data, you'll be taken to a page with a PayPal button on it. Press that button to pay your attendee fee. If you already have a PayPal ID, use your normal PayPal login and choose your payment type and funding source. All the other details will already be filled in for you.
If you've never used PayPal before, go through the registration process and it'll take you back to the transaction after you've done the signup.
At the end of the PayPal process, there is a "return to VM Workshop" link. It's very small (and we can't change that; it's on their site), but if you want a positive confirmation of your registration, please make sure you return to the vmworkshop.org site. You'll see a "Successful Registration" page if you did the process right.
Register Your Attendees
If you get interrupted during the registration process, just start at step 2 and resubmit your data. We'll use the last entry as the final copy.
To start your registration, click on this URL:
- Link Removed -
If someone else needs to pay for your registration (like your procurement department), click on this URL instead:
- Link Removed -
- To keep attendee costs low, we ask sponsors to register every person that will be attending the conference as normal attendees, and to pay the normal attendee fee for each person. $100 a head is pretty cheap compared to most other conferences, and they get the benefits of attending sessions and the other goodies associated with the conference (like access to meals, etc) just like any other attendee. To register your attendees, have them go directly to the attendee registration link on the front page and register as attendees.