2019 Session Proposal Submission
The VM Workshop is all about the attendees talking to each other about what they're working on or thinking about.
EVERYONE is welcome to speak about their experiences, no matter how minor or trivial you might think they are.
Speaking at the VM Workshop
Have a neat new tool you wrote that saves you time and effort? Tell us about it. Have an idea you want to try out on a bunch of people? Tell us about it. Want to champion a change or an idea to IBM? Tell us about it.
The audiences at the VM Workshop are your peers. It's one of the greatest places to speak because the people in the audience have the same problems and concerns as you. You'll get great feedback, and it's the best way available to make new contacts, and maybe even get some assistance!
It's Great Practice
Is your boss bugging you to get out more, to develop your personal speaking and presentation skills? Do you want to give a talk as a dry run against a room full of subject matter experts before you present somewhere else? The VM Workshop is a great place to practice. We've all been through it at some point, and as mentioned above, it's a really friendly place to try things out.
It's a Great Career Enhancer
Speaking gets you known in the industry. It's a great resume booster in that it tells employers that people WANT to hear what you have to say, and that your opinions are taken seriously by industry professionals. That makes YOU more valuable as an employee, and more desirable if you're trying to land a job.
The deadline for submitting presentations is May 15, 2019. Make sure to get your submissions in soon so that you are not left out.
If you have schedule requirements that require your session be set on a specific day/time, please let us know on the submission form so that we can try to accomodate you.
What Topics Are We Looking For?
We're looking for 45-50 minute presentations or discussions on:
- User experiences with z/VM, z/VSE, and Linux on IBM Z
- Tools that you have written or found which others might not know about
- Tutorials (how to use a product, how to learn new parts of the system, how to use CMS tools, etc.)
- Future ideas (what should happen with z/VM, suggestions, requirements?)
We are NOT looking for:
- Any form of advertising or marketing materials - technical material only
Onsite Demo Systems
- Velocity Software offers zPro Provisioning and Cloud Management software for use on their Demo
system to any speakers that require it. zPro on the Demo system can be used to create additional
Linux guests and second level z/VM guests for almost any use that can be considered for
education and presentation purposes.
- For more information or to set up access, Contact James Vincent at Velocity Software, email@example.com.
- ITC will provide a fully operational zPDT system with three CPs activated for use by all presenters and
educators at the conference. It will have zVM and zVSE and Linux for z Systems installed and available.
Guesting will be enabled so that the hosting zVM can have any number of guests running under,
with guests assigned to each presenter or educator as required.
- For more information or to set up access, Contact Dave Jones with ITC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your session proposal, click here